Crianlarich: Friday 7th - Sunday 9th October 2005
Signup Date : Tuesday 4th October 8pm
- The meeting place is outside the University Stores which is near the Halifax cash machine and just below the top of the Cut Through Lane.
- We are going to the Wigwams just outside of Crianlarich which is in the Southern Highlands of Scotland.
I think we should try and keep hyperlinks as the default of blue and underlined otherwise you can't see what is a link and what is not
- If you need picking up from Lenton you should have ticked the box on the sign up sheet or
- 5pm on Friday 7th October 2005 .
- The cost of the trip will be £40 (Cheques to U of NSU (MPS) or cash) - please bring them with you to the signup . This is the only way to ensure you get on a trip.
- We will leave from the Wigwams about 4pm on the Sunday and so be back at uni at around midnight.
- A whole day out means taking loads of food and drink. There is nowhere to buy food so bring lots of sandwiches/bottles of water, etc.
- Snacks for the journey up are nice.
- Food for the mountains needs to be easily eaten sandwiches/meat loaf, chock bars and apples/oranges are easy to eat.
- Minimum of 4 sandwiches, cakes/chocolate, raisons/nuts, lots of fruit
- Minimum of 2 litres of drink
per walk not including a few chocolate bars and nuts for emergency rations.
- The drive up can be boring and so a book/personal stereo/DVD player might be a good idea.
- A pillow can make sleeping easier.
- The kit normally goes on the roof of the bus so make sure it is fully water proofed.
- If you have any questions about kit ask any of the committee. DO NOT turn up without ESSENTIAL KIT. Please also check out the kit list page.
- Waterproof jacket (with hood and large enough to put a helmet over)
- Waterproof trousers (long zips to get over boots in a hurry)
- Warm Gloves (If not waterproof then 2 or 3 pairs)
- Warm Hat (Ears covered, if not waterproof then a spare one too)
- Walking boots (Rocky and boggy terrain should be fully waterproof with good ankle support)
- Walking trousers (Quick drying. Some people prefer leg zip offs)
- T-shirt (wicking) (Helly/ dry flow)
- Warm layer 1 (thin fleece)
- Warm layer 2 (thick fleece/ jumper/ down jacket/ softie)
- Head Torch (One with a halogen bulb is good but L.E.D.s are ok if you can walk over rough terrain with them)
- Rucksack with waterproof liner (About 35 45L. Ortleib liners are very good but 2 or 3 strong bin liners should be ok)
- Water Container (About 2L)
- Lunch (x2)
- Breakfast (x2)
- Spare clothes (If you fall in a stream you probably wont get them dry for the walk on Sunday)
- Emergency rations (Chocolate bars, nuts, raisons)
- Sleeping Bag (The wigwams have heaters so only need a 1 or 2 season)
- Your Own Map - The Maps for Crianlarich are OS Landranger 50 (Glen Orchy and Loch Etive) and 51 (Loch Tay and Glen Dochart)
- Camera (waterproofed)
- Pub clothes
- Reading book
- Beer / Food money
- Wash Kit
- Your Own Whistle (Preferably not metal or with a ball in)
- Your Own Compass (Silva Expedition 4)
- Gaiters (Must have a strong under boot material and preferably crampon proof)
- Your Own Survival Bag (Sturdy plastic not one which will only last one use)
- Sun hat (with a brim to cover face and neck)
- Sun cream (Factor 20 +)
- Sun glasses (category 3 or 4)
- Midge Repellent
The club can provide
- Group Shelters
- Survival Bags
- First Aid Kits
- Crampons (Will be provided if needed)
- Harnesses (Will be provided if needed)
- Ice Axes (Will be provided if needed)
- Ropes (Will be provided if needed)
Need a trip Crianlarich Trip Information Sheet (handed out at the sign up).
Please check you e-mails in case of change of plans.
Any problems call Damian on 07837618183 or